After a quantitative education in Financial and Actuarial Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering, I worked for five years on the implementation of Artificial Intelligence solutions in the banking sector, and then I moved on dealing with Strategic Initiatives in Intesa Sanpaolo.
I am a technology lover and in my free time I manage a non-profit association that promotes the spread of theater culture in the Turin area.
Strategic Initiatives, CEO Staff
I’m working for the Strategic Initiatives Unit, part of Strategic Support Department, ISP’s CEO Staff organization.
Strategic Initiatives primary task is to support CEO within three main competence areas:
- Project management of particularly relevant and highly complex projects;
- Evaluation of transactions aimed at strengthening the core business and supporting the Group’s evolution;
- Bespoke analysis and studies to support CEO decisions on specific issues.
Lead Data Engineer, AI Competency Centre
I worked for the Information Systems Head Office in the Data Technology Office as Lead Data Engineer, where I dealt with:
- Architectural Design of Artificial Intelligence applications;
- Advisory on Artificial Intelligence Technologies for IT structures;
- Research and Prototyping of new Artificial Intelligence solutions.
Data Engineer, Data Technology Office
I worked for the Information Systems Head Office in the Data Technology Office as Data Engineer, where I dealt with:
- Architectural and Data Governance Policies;
- coordinating and supporting Data Technology Owners;
- Big Financial Data releated activities.
Intern, Data Management Systems
I worked for the Information Systems Head Office alongside a team that manages the development of applications related to the “Big Financial Data” project. My main roles were to:
- find and understand Business requirements;
- define and implement ETL processes;
- explore Big Financial Data and deepen BI and Advanced Analytics tools;
- develop algorithms.
I founded BE in 2012 as a non-profit association and as co-president I mainly manage the financial and bureaucratic part of the company which aims to promote the spread of theater culture in the Turin area.
Seven months trading competition between university teams from all around Europe with real money sponsored by Directa Sim. We mainly worked on FTSEMIB stocks, exchange-traded funds and options on european indexes and exchange-traded commodities. My team earned +7,02% and qualified in position 31th/150.
University of Turin
I represented students in two Councils of Natural Science Department in University of Turin during my Bachelor’s degree in Financial Mathematics. I took part in the decision process of several issues about didactics and courses organization.
M.Sc. in Mathematical Engineering
- Research Final Dissertation: “Quantitative tools and their software implementation for financial portfolios analysis”
- Main topics include Stochastic Processes, Statistical Modelling, Graph and Dynamics over network, Optimization Methods, Machine Learning, Databases, Enterprise Information Systems, Business Intelligence
B.Sc. in Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
- Research Final Dissertation: “Financial applications of skew random variables”
- Main topics include Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, Probability Theory, Mathematical Analysis, Business Economics, Microeconomics
Economics of Money and Banking
Columbia University – Jul 2020
Data Engineering on Google Cloud Platform
Google – Feb 2019
Bloomberg Market Concepts
Bloomberg LP – Oct 2018
Financial Engineering and Risk Management
Columbia University – Oct 2016
Riflessioni di due primati su tech, startup e finanza
La fine della globalizzazione e il futuro delle traduzioni con l’AI della startup DeepL. Hosts: Giorgio Bella e Fabrizio Lasaponara
Oltre alla finanza e ai conti, per scoprire cosa vuol dire lavorare in banca oggi, quali sono
i mestieri più richiesti e inaspettati, tra intelligenza artificiale, tecnologie sperimentali e creatività: le competenze del bancario 2.0 infatti sono sempre più sfaccettate e all’avanguardia. In questo podcast i dipendenti “fuori dal coro” di Intesa Sanpaolo ci sveleranno il significato del mestiere dietro al loro job title, insieme a consigli pratici per i neolaureati alla ricerca di un percorso alternativo in banca. Interviste a cura di Alessia Sottile.
Scopri tutti i podcast di Intesa Sanpaolo su Intesa Sanpaolo On Air.
Vi sareste mai aspettati di sentir parlare di Intelligenza Artificiale in banca?
Scopriamo tutti i retroscena con Giorgio Bella, Lead Data Engineer in Intesa Sanpaolo.